We released "PSOFT Pencil+ 4.1.1 for 3ds Max" which is compatible with PSOFT Pencil+ 4 Bridge for 3ds Max.
This version supports Pencil+ 4 Bridge to import and export Pencil+ 4 Material and Pencil+ 4 Line settings to file. It also includes various bug fixes. Registered users of Pencil+ 4 for 3ds Max can update their products for free.
Changes Since the Previous Version
- Supports importing and exporting [Pencil+ 4 Material] and [Pencil+ 4 Line] settings to file with [PSOFT Pencil+ 4 Bridge].
- Adds functionality to set and retrieve curve control values using MAXScript.
- Applies the Diffuse Color Map with Nitrous shader when a Standard material is set as the [Basic Material] of a [Pencil+ 4 Material].
- Fixes an issue where the parameters would not be saved correctly and the program would crash when using the Objects and Materials lists under [Pencil+ 4 Material / Advanced Settings] and [Pencil+ 4 Material / Line Related Functions].
- Fixes the polygon control for [Highlight Design] under [Pencil+ 4 Material / Advanced Settings] so that it can be edited using MAXScript.
- Line drawing now handles all primitives as 2-sided when [Force 2-sided] is enabled in Render Setup.
- Corrects an error in the name of the class used to generate [Pencil+ 4 Line / Reduction Settings] using MAXScript.
- Fixes a crash problem when outputting EPS and AI files with [Pencil+ 4 File Output].
- Fixes a crash problem when displaying the Material selection dialog.
- Minor adjustments to the appearance of the user interface.
About Pencil+ 4 Bridge
Pencil+ 4 Bridge for 3ds Max / Maya are utility plugins that can import and export Pencil+ 4 Material and Pencil+ 4 Line settings to file. In addition to transferring Pencil+ 4 settings between 3ds Max scenes, they can also be used to transfer between 3ds Max and Maya.
Please have a look at the news story New Utility: "PSOFT Pencil+ 4 Bridge" Now Available for details.
Supported Versions of 3ds Max
Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019
Registered users of Pencil+ 4 for 3ds Max can download the latest version by accessing the "Download" section of the PSOFT User Page.
Free Demo Versions
Free demo versions of all PSOFT products are available so you can try out our products before you decide to buy them.
Please take this opportunity to check out our plug-ins directly in your own 3ds Max environment.
The free demo versions are introduced on the following download page:
*Pencil+ 4 Bridge cannot be used with the Demo version.