We released version 4.2.1 of "PSOFT Pencil+ 4 for 3ds Max", our non-photorealistic rendering plugin which can reproduce the appearance of animation cels in 3D graphics.
This update adds new functionality and includes bug fixes. The update is free for registered users of this product.
Changes Since The Previous Version
- Adds compatibility with 3ds Max 2022.
- Fixed a problem where [Pencil+ 4 Material]'s [Apply Map Channel to Normal] would not work.
- Improved [Pencil+ 4 Line] drawing processing for tiny objects smaller than 1 pixel.
- Fixed a problem where only a single [Pencil+ 4 Line] would be referenced even though multiple external references were set from a single file containing a [Line Merge Helper].
- Fixed a problem where accessing [Pencil+ 4 File Output]'s [ignoreEffects] parameter from a script would generate an exception.
Supported Versions of 3ds Max
Autodesk 3ds Max 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
We updated the Pencil+ 4 utility plugins to support 3ds Max 2022.
- Pencil+ 4 Bridge for 3ds Max 1.0.3
- Pencil+ 4 Converter for 3ds Max 4.0.6
- Pencil+ 4 Spreadsheet for 3ds Max 1.0.3
"Pencil+ 4", "Pencil+ 4 Bridge" and "Pencil+ 4 Spreadsheet" can be downloaded from the "Download" section of the PSOFT User Page.
"Pencil+ 4 Converter" can be downloaded from the Download page.
Free Demo Versions
Free demo versions of all PSOFT products are available so you can try out our products before you decide to buy them. Please take this opportunity to check out our plugins directly in your own 3ds Max environment. The free demo versions are introduced on the following page: